This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Sunday, May 04, 2003

I just read Alanna's Blog. I would listen to her. I love listening to people. I really do. I mean it seems that everywhere I go, I'm the listener, because people are too fucking selfish. I mean I know I'm selfish too, everyone is, but that's not the point. Like my (gay) friends. They totally DON'T listen to each other. It's actually very very disturbing. Take Grant for an instance. You could pour out your life story to him, and he wouldn't hear a word of it, but when you said something that made him think of anything pertaining to his life, he would chime in his two cents, totally unrelated to anything. Then he would go off into space. I remember a conversation we had. It went seriously to an effect like this:

(ME) "Yeah, so sometimes my dad gets a little crazy, like he's bipolar or something, but he can change moods very quickly, on a moments notice"
(HIM) "Yeah, oh really? I know what you mean. Like today I was totally in the mood to wear a sweater, but I decided not to. I went outside, and it totally changed my mind."

I stopped there. He was about to hear my whole story, you know the family one, but it was then, I decided against it. No one here knows it. That's weird. That's probabally why I don't feel incredibly close to anyone here, but Laura and Olivia. We have bonded on different levels.

I have noticed. The extent of my conversations with my gay friends consist of the following:

guys and sex.

That's really depressing. I hate that. There's fucking so much more to life.

I like Scott, because he can make me laugh, becuase he is so incredibly sarchastic, but still, he's not someone I can tell things to. I know that. Some things you just know about people.

Eddie is such a bubble, but he can not keep a secret for the world. I mean damn. It makes me laugh, because I don't even say anything, and he'll just spill his guts, knowing I won't tell anyone, but still.

Ben is just so selfish, I can't trust him in the first place, and he's my roommate.

Corey is so incredibly shallow and materialistic, and he knows it, but damn. More than any other gay person. I can talk to Corey though. He is very smart, but he appears as the biggest ditz you will ever meet. Corey is smarter than people give him credit for.

They all talk about each other like damn cats. I have to rectify the situation sometimes, because it can get out of hand.

I just went down like the whole list. There are more people, but I don't feel like listing everyone. I'm too lazy. I already said Dan.

Laura and Olivia are just so awesome it's scary.

I want to go to the movies. I'll ask Tom if he wants to go. I have noticed that the only person I'll be able to watch art movies with is Dan Jackman.

Just so you know, whenever I say Dan, it means Dan Rymer. Unless I say Dan Jackman, then it's Dan Rymer. I should refer to Dan J. as Alloicious, because he does like to go by that.

Oh yes, this is why Dan Rymer and I are on the same level. We both understnad that friendship is very simple. It basically consists on a series of conversations. That's it. How freakin' simple.