This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Friday, November 21, 2003

Hello!

I am having a most grand day. Most grand. I slept over at Sarah's last night, and we had a grand time. Then, we woke up and had pancakes, and boy were they scrumptious! I then went back to my apartment, changed, and walked here to Cinema/Chicago, where I am now. It's a beautiful day outside, and it's offically the holiday season. Winter is a couple days away, and I am just in a grand mood. Although this will be my very first thanksgiving without my family, which is most saddening, it will be an amazing growing experience. My first holiday season without the company of my family. Wow. I still can't get over it.

I get paid today, and Also go to Barrington to shoot my first film with a producing credit. That's exciting also. My book is AMAZING, and I'm just doing well. Second semester starts soon, and that's the only thing that's getting me down, because I need to make sure all the funds are there, so I can get everything done.

There are still no advances in the relationship department, and I don't see any coming soon. I really want to have one for Valentine's day. Well, and Christmas, but I can count that one out. I want a New Year's Kiss too. It'll be my first.

Wow. I realized, that I am making it in the City. By myself. I don't get help anymore from the parentals. That's really cool. I'm like on my own, and it's scary, but oh so exciting. There's not many people that can say that they don't get help. So far, the last three months of rent/bills/all other expenses have been paid my ME. Only me. I can't wait to get a plave in Old Town, or Lakeview. I want to live with one other person, and life will be grand. wow. I love this city.

Classical music is really getting to me recently. I haven't really listened to it since high school, and I'm addicted again.

Justin's dad bought him a computer. Justin saved up three thousand dollars to get it. He called his dad last night, and his dad said: Here's my credit card number. Keep your money. Get the computer. Spend your money on something else. I was FLOORED. wow. I mean yes, Justin NEVER asks his parents for anything, beacause he wants to make it on his own, and you know do everything without help. It was crazy. I wish my parents could do that, but they can't, and it's no big deal, because what's meant to be mine will come someday.

I look really cute today, by the way, and I saw this cute guy on the street while walking to work. I smiled.

The office is really slow today, but it's cozy, and I actually feel a PART. Ya know?! That makes me have warm fuzzies on the inside. It's amazing to see that the festival is a year away, and we are working like mad to prepare for it.

OFFICIAL DATES OF THE 40th ANNIVERSARY CHICAGO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL:

OCTOBER 7-21.

It's cool that I get that information before anyone else. Nothing else has been decided, but the call for entries is soon, if not now. Come one come all.

I'm deciding on wether I am going to Michigan to see Melissa for Thanksgiving, or going with Meg to her house for Thanksgiving. I wish I could do both. We'll see.

I really want to dress up and go to a high class concert, like a symphony or something or a ballet, or an opera. I'm going to get tickets for myself, take myself out to a REALLY expensive resturant, and just have a great night, some night in December. I have decided.

Yaay.

Well, I should get to the post office now, and finish this small paperwork. I hope the day continues to be this grand, and I miss everyone at home so much. I hope their days are grand forever.