This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hangover.

Oh Damnit all to hell.

I have a throbbing sensation in the frontal lobe of my brain which prevents me from thinking straight. My stomach also seems to be going through some unsettling times; its shiftyness troubles me. For a moment, all is well. Suddenly, another part of my brain decides to work with my stomach, to cause that weird salivation in the rear of my mouth while the tip of my tongue remains parched. Swallowing the saliva only makes my stomach more upset and spitting mimicks the action I am trying to prevent in the first place.

Rinse, Repeat.

I then think what put me in this position in the first place. One of the worst feelings in the world, and yet I made the conscious decision to drink. Drinking is not the problem but dollar drinks are. All in all, the root cause is me.

Last night, I was in the midst of my couch reveling in my depression (not that I enjoy being depressed all of the time, but sometimes, it's nice). when I received a text message from a certain someone to come out for dollar drinks. Me, being the good friend I am and knowing if I stayed home I would have regretted my decision, I got dressed, drank 2 beers, and headed out for some dollar drink madness.

Madnesss it was. Many dollars later, and meeting up with some Starbuckians, we went to yet another club where The alcohol had finally begun to take its toll and led to some decisions I may not have made had I not gone out.

No regrets, just happenstance. It happened, we live, we get over it.