This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Saturday, August 09, 2003

i totally forgot to write about my Apple experience.

I'm at the Apple store on North Michigan Ave. you know, to look around, apply for a job, and of course, scope out the area (meaning guys). I walked in to the beautimus, clean, store with all the Apple workers wearing Orange T-shirts. Not really my color, but I look good in almost any color, so I know I can pull Orange off.
So I walk in, ask for the hiring manager, and the really nice lady gave me an application, and told me to bring it back with a Resume, if I wanted. Yes, I have one, but it was at home, and it was Friday, and you're not supposed to apply for jobs on the weekends, so I just pray that my application, neat handwriting, dashing good looks, and smile gets me an interview. I'm comfortable in interviews. That's all I need. If I have an interview, I can land a job. Find common ground (outside of the job). That's the number one policy.
I fill out the application, and I go back to the store to turn it in (that's another thing I'm good about, returning applications, so my face is nice and fresh, and they see me twice in one day (usually within the course of 2 hours). In this case, it was about an hour, because I did a tad of looking around at Water Tower. I go back, ask for the hiring manager, her name is Amy, walked around, talked to the co-workers (that's another thing I always try to do. Be interested in the merchandise, and the workers) talked to Amy, shook her hand, retained eye-contact, and she said that I'll get a call next week if she likes me (which I HOPE and PRAY she does) Don't worry, I'll be calling her Wednesday or Thursday about the job.
To the (other) point of the story. At the door, the store has 2 greeters. The one who helped me out the first time was real nice, and yaay fun times. THE OTHER ONE... we made a bit of eye contact on my way in the first time, but not much. My second time in though. woah. we had a little talkie. Not about anything in particular, basically about "so you've applied here"? I say "why yes" and he said "Allright Mate! Hope to see you soon! (with a wink)" I was like "same to you". Specks of guy whose name I have no clue:
approx. 6'2.
Light eyes (a blue-green)
a tad of facial hair (which looked hot)
light brown hair
B-E-A-UUUUUUUTIFUL smile
Orange Shirt (like the other workers)
Oval shaped face, long, and lean
REAL nice jawline
B-E-A-UUUUUUUTIFUL smile
oh yes, and the clincher.
An Accent.
Australian.
or New Zealand, I don't know the difference, yet, but by golly I sure will!

I'm going back to Apple today.