This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Friday, December 31, 2004

_________ New Year

You can fill in the blank with whatever you will.

Here's how my New Year's eve is shaping up:

Early this morning, after drinking 8 cups of coffee with Helena, we had an excellent idea to watch the sunrise. It was one of the most beautiful things in the world; 'twas a wonderful morning, and the weather is phenomenal. I slept in, because this is the first day I've had off since Christmas, and I've been working 10-12 hour days every day. My roomates want to have a little new year's pre party, so I cleaned a little, took a shower, and made a list of all the things I wanted to do for the day:

get a haircut
buy an outfit
buy party favors (to surprise my roomies)
get pictures developed (from last night)
buy a camera
get new screenwriting software
pay next month's bills (I got a really big paycheck, from all the hours I've been working)

but first, before I could do any of these things, I had to go to the bank, to get cashola.

My financial institution, by the name of New City Bank, is a small ass bank here in the big city with only one branch. I crossed the street, and the building was dimly lit, looking very mysterious on this beautiful day. I arrived at the front door, only to learn it was the only bank to close early. In huge letters across the frosted glass door read the following statement:

"We will be closing today at 1:00PM. Sorry for any inconvenience. Happy New Year from New City Bank"

FUCK.

I just got a new debit card in the mail, and because it's a small bank, with no 800 number, I can't activate it over the phone. it can ONLY be activated by going into the bank, and they were closed.

I GOT PAID TODAY, AND IT'S NEW YEARS!

I have the worst luck in the world

It's okay. I fixed that problem today. I opened another account at another bank, with a check, but I can't get cash out of that account until Monday.

Happy F'in New Year.