This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Talk about a weirdness day today. So I went to psychology, and I wasn't tired (for like the first time since the very first day). He said as soon as he got in the classroom that he was going to hand out our papers that we turned in Thursday. Golly gee. I was thinking that this would be the worst day, because I knew that paper sucked. Well, we learned some pretty friggin awesome stuff, like Maslow's self-actualization process (which I find incredibly interesting, and true). I took super notes. I always take better notes when I like what we're studying. Wonder why that is. Hmm. Well, anyways, the end of class came (and oh so quickly), and he handed back the papers. Uh oh. I get my paper back with the following comments:

This is a good paper, although you repeat yourself a couple of times. And you didn't mention that you were analyzing Mr. Rustin from the viewpoint of ADLER.

Overall Grade: B

Damn. See. I thought I was going to get like a 50 at least. Come on now. I seriously thought that was the worst paper I had ever written, or pretty dern close. I have noticed some things about my formal writing. Things I didn't really care about in senior english, I go crazy over now. I guess that's called 'learning'. Hah. I don't make the same mistakes I used to make (well duh), and I never have any typos (in my papers). Well I never had typos in my english papers, but the whole tense-(shift)shit thing always got me, and naked this's and that's. No more of those.

Later, I think I will post Maslow's characteristics of self-actualized people.