This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Friday, February 13, 2004

Email to...

Wow. Thanks for the email. It's been a while. A long while. It's awesome to finally hear from you. Where were you when I came back after the summer? I tried to call you so many times, and the emails. Haha. It's no biggie. I understand. You have a life. As do I. Mine just consists of relationships. I aspire to know as many people as possible. I hate cutting people out of my life. I know, it was probably too much of a hassle to deal. It's all good. I don't want to sound mean in any way. I'm not mad, upset or anything. Please don't take offense to that.

On with the email. You're right. There are so many movies that we can discuss. I LOVED Big Fish for starters. The story alone was amazing. Not to mention BillY Crudup. I think it was a great film that has been overlooked. Like many of Burton's other films. I hated Lost in Translation. I don't want to get riled up about it in this email, but yeah. I thought the best part of the whole movie was Giovanni Ribisi. That's not saying much. The performance of Charlize Theron in Monster was remarkable. I cried at the end. I don't know why, but I couldn't contain those tears. I guess I have myself been pretty emotionally distraught. I don't have time to do anything anymore, aside from text message. Hell, it's taken me this long to reply to you, somthing I would normally do in a heartbeat.

It's awesome that you finally decided to apply for graduate school. I remember you were on the fence for so long when we had our 'weekly phone conversations'. It's quite awesome to see the different ways that everyone takes. I know you'll be successful in all you do, so you needn't worry. It's okay that you used that email as a vent for your emotions. You have to get them off of your chest somehow. You can always call me if you even want to talk about anything. I'll listen. That's a promise.

Things for me have been busy, but fun. Between school, work, my internship, and writing, I don't have much time for anything else. This semester, I'm at Harold Washington College, taking all of my General Education classes. I figured it would be better to pay $900 than $8000 to take classes. I'm taking 18 hours, every day from 8-12:30, then I work every weekday from 1:30 until close, except on Wednesdays and Fridays, where I intern at Cinema/Chicago (we put on the Chicago International Film Festival, and other various film-related events in the Chicagoland area). I work at Apple, the biggest store in the country. It's a great job. I love it. With the track I'm on now, I will hopefully be done with my undergrad two weeks after I turn 21. That is if I go over the summer, and take 20 hours. I can do it. I'm more than halfway done after this semester. There are times where I get really tired, but I can deal with that. I'm moving in by myself in a couple of months. I'm so excited. It'll be the first time I'll be on my own since I was born. I've always shared a room since the womb. Even now. I can't wait. My own place. I'll be able to do whatever the hell I want. That's exciting to me.

As you can see, there's not been too much room in my life for boys. Although the year I have been here in Chicago, I have grown alot, and I can honestly say that this city really has changed me... er I've changed by living in this city. I'm so thankful for every person, and situation I have encountered. I would love a valentine, but it's not going to happen. This makes year number 20 I've been without, but it's not hard, because I'm not looking for a boyfriend. If one comes along, then so be it. I am not going after another guy. If someone is interested, then they'll tell me. I'm tired of being the lion. If I put all the effort I used to put in trying to get a man into other areas of my life, I will be a much more productive person. All those man hours wasted with my mind locked on finding the sweetheart of my dreams. It's okay. I'm a new guy now. I can experience so many more things in my relationships with my friends anyways. Who needs a significant other when you have good friends whom you can share everything with?

You say things happened that knocked things off course. What better than to get back on track? You're a really cool guy as well. It would be awesome to talk to you again. Let's allow this to be a start.

I shall go. I'm home on a friday night, and my friends are trying to rush me out of the door. Anyways, I hope to talk to you soon!

Later gator

~Christopher.