This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Tuesday, December 10, 2002

My day went downhill super fast after I got off of Madstone. One. My mom had a bad day at work, I understand that, and she told me about it. I am there to listen, she doesn't want my advice all the time, that's what my friends are for, so I can give them advice. Somtimes, my mom just needs someone to listen. Yeah, so that was cool. So we had Bojangles (I was going to eat ravioli, b/c I didn't wan't Bo's). I get home, and find out that Wilson's called, and wants me to come in. I was like okay (didn't get to take the bath I wanted). So I went to Wilson's and Veronica was like "dress cute tomorrow, the DM (District Manager) is coming in tomorrow" I took offense to that. I always look good, and dress cute. Shit. I knew what she meant, but she didn't have to tell that to me. Some of the other workers, yes, but not me. I am not mad at that.

THIS IS WHAT I AM MAD AT. I don't know how to say it without sounding selfish. Let me first say, that I ALWAYS go ALL out for my family for Christmas, and their birthday. I mean they are worth it. Every year I bedget for each sibling to get them what they want, in case my mom can't or something. Well this year, my mom straight up just wants me to get them some expensive stuff. I any other Christmas, I would be up for it, but not this year. That's why I was doing scarves. They are expensive to make, but I am actually spending my time and I really work on them to make them look nice.. ya know? I mean they don't cost as much as what my mom wants me to get them, but they aren't cheap. She knows I am trying to save up for a computer. Not just a computer, but THE ONE I WANT. Like the one I have been wanting forever, and now I am so close to buying... I have budgeted everything almost down to the dollar, but it all came crashing down tonight. This is how the conversation went in a nutshell:
My Mom:.. yeah, I'm getting them this.. so you're gonna get them those watches, (at $90 a peice) right?
Me: woah.. I was planning on scarves..
Her: well you can still get them that
Me: How am I supposed to save my money, spending $100 plus on each sibling. I know usually it comes out to that anyways, but this year I was trying to be a little different. That's why I have all these jobs
Her: Well I hope you're planning on getting them more than just scarves
Me: actually, something to go in the stockings, and that's it...
blah blah

I am livid. I mean for once, can I NOT be the one who doens't have to spend all the money? I always put my family before me. You may not think so, but I value them more than anything. On her B-day I spent 500 on her (she doens't know that, and never will), and I am ALWAYS getting my brother and sisters what they want. I don't care what I get usually, that's b/c I know what I ask for is expensive, but I have already been told I'm not getting ANY of the three things I asked for. That's pretty bad. I mean come on now.. When in MY turn? I am fine with getting stuff for them, b/c they are more than worth it, but sometimes it just hurts. I'll get over it. I am now going to take that bath I was going to take when I got home the first time. *sigh* I can get a computer another time.