This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Things I did on my day off today:

A TON

I got up, cleaned, cashed my paycheck, and went off on a whirlwind of shopping. I spent waay too much money, but it's more than worth it. I love my friends. Tomorrow I'm having a gift exchange for them. I am so happy. This is the first year ever where I truly DON'T want anything. I mean for real. When I was shopping today, I almost started crying because I know that these gifts will bring so much happiness to my friends here in Chicago. These are the first friends that I have outside of home, and I made them all myself. You know? It's a big deal to me. I mean I know that they know that I love them, but it's just going to be nice. Real nice. Everyone will have a smile on their face, and no one will be sad. Well, at least for tomorrow night. That's my main goal. I really thought about all of these gifts, and I hope they are the right ones. I'll list all the stiff I got for everyone.

We'll start with the girls:

Sarah: I got her a gift certificate to Virgin, and a book. The gift certicifate, because we are both the same when it comes to picking out movies. It takes us HOURS. Everyone who has been shopping with us knows it. The book, because Sarah and I always talk about how we should read more, but we don't have the time to find a book. Well I found one for her, and now she'll make the time to read it.

Danielle: I got her a brand new insence holder, and some awesome insence to go along with it. She loves meditation, and calming the body and mind, and this new holder is much better than her old one, and the insence is supposed to be really good, and relaxing. It is all natural, and Danielle, being a vegan, will appreciate that.

Kisha: I didn't know what to get her at first, because she's a really hard girl to pick out something for. But when I was in this amazing shop tonight, I saw the perfect thing for her: a hand-made candle holder, by a lady whose comapny name is "One Girl Dancing". I immediatley thought of her, because in any circumstance, Kisha will be the one girl dancing. Her being a coreographer, she can pick out steps and beats to anything. The candle and holder symbolize that.

Janielle: Aww Jannelle Belly. I love her. We have so much in common, and I always love talking to her. The thing she ALWAYS notices when I come over wearing my Chucks, she always says that she wanted the high top ones like I have, because she only has the low-tops. So, I got her the high top ones.

Zaidy: Kisha and I both went in halves on getting a bong for Zaidy. I had to get more than just that because I just did. because Zaidy ALWAYS smells good, even when she hasn't taken a shower in a week, I got her this aromathearapy candle which smells AMAZING. I know she'll love it. She has been having issues with her roomate, so this will help ease the tension and calm her down.

Taryn: I got her a beer mug with her name on it, because that girl LOVES to drink, and she always says that one day she just wants to bring her own mug to bars and only drink out of one. Well there you go hun.

Helena: I am getting her some leather motorcycle gloves for her new motorcycle. She complains about them being cold, so I got her some. She'll love them.


Now the boys:

Scott: I was going to get him a vibrating butt-plug, but I didn't. Since he went to culinary school, and he always complains that he never cooks anymore, I bought him a reason to. A new cooking set with utensils, and as a joke, a box of brownies, so he can make them tomorrow at the party.

Rohan: I bought him some rainbow-colored slippers, and a scarf. He's really really big into activism, and equal rights, and rainbows, and he knows I make fun of him for it, but he also knows that I respect him alot for it. He'll get both instances. He's the only one that I could ever give that present to.

Ben: He's the ONLY person who I was just going to ask him to pick something and I would get it. I lived with him. I know how picky he is. I hate getting gift receipts, so I asked him flat out what he wanted. His first answer was pot, and I was going to get him an eighth or so, but he needed a new hitter, so I got him that. He'll love it, I know, because we looked at them the other week, and that's the one he picked out.

Corey: Corey is the first to admit he is superficial, and is an image-whore. The other day he was complaining about his eyebrow plucker not working, and so I got him a REALLY nice one. He doesn't shave, wax, or thread, so I got him this one, and he'll love it. Since I don't see him often, this is the first thing that came to mind, with him being away at college and all.

OH SHIT. I need to get something for Dan.

I also got some cards for everyone in the Cinema/Chicago office, and at work.

It was a wondrous day. Now I have to sleep, for I have to go to work in the morn. g'nite kids.