This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Fogies

I noticed today on the bus that as we get older, the number of things we keep to ourselves diminishes. Basically, our opinions. Yes, there is a time in everyone's life when we say everything that is on our minds ie; when we are young, and naive. Then, we realize that we really should keep certain thoughts to ourselves, because those very thoughts can get us into trouble, or hurt someone, potentially damaging relationships. So, we begin to tell white lies. Little truths to hide what we are really feeling, and our real thoughts, because no one wants those to be exposed. If our thoughts are exposed, therefore, so are we. Worth is placed on how well we get along with others. It doesn't matter wether or not we value the relationship, we keep that to ourself, just to 'get along' with our peers. Anyways, I don't know where I was going with that, but back to the bus.

So I was on the bus today on my way to work, and I realized, that as folks get older, not to negate what I just said, but I mean significantly older, in the almost senile if not already there age, they tend to not care about keeping their opinions to themselves. Today, on the bus there where a number passengers of the elderly nature, and for some reason, there is something inside of them that doesn't care about opinions. They will voice whatever is on thier mind. For instance: One gentleman, I shall refer to his name is Bill, got on the bus, and stood right next to me. Bill had a hard time getting on the bus this morning, because the busses were running late, and there happend to be consideribly more people than the average. As Bill got on the bus, he had to iterate to everyone on the bus standing, how they could