This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Sunday, December 01, 2002

WOWSERS! I LOVE CHICAGO! So much to tell, so little time. Well not little time, I just don't know how I am going to type everything. Allright. You already got a taste of my St louis part of the trip. the best part of the trip was Renee's grandmother, Gracie, who is 92. She has alzheimers, but she is hilarious. oh my. We were laughing with her for ages. A conversation with her would go as follows:
"Gracie, Crystal has a boyfriend.. do you have any relationship advice for her?"
Gracies, response; "tell him happy birthday".
Another conversation.
Renee: "I know you don't like walking in the dark, Gracie, so tomorrow, we'll take a walk in the daytime okay?"
Gracie: "I don't like walking in the light either"
Renee: "so you're a vampire?"
Gracie: "no, but the inside light is too much for me"
Yet another..
Me (after G. had just finished a slice of sweet potato pie): "Gracie would you like another piece of pie?"
Gracie: "What kind is it, sweet potato? I have never had that, I want some"
That is a funny woman. Yes, it's sad, but she would talk your ear off. OH yes, I should mention she doesn't sleep. (well of course she does, but according to her, she doesn't)
Continuing with the STL part: I got hit on by a worker in Blockbuster. Kind of fun, until I said I wasn't from here, he was like, oh... then some other girl came up to him and started flirting with him like mad. I had to laugh. Then I said to my sister, so the girl could hear (not Blockbuster worker) "don't you hate it when ugly people have no shame and continue to flirt with you after you have walked away?" It was quite humerous. That's all for the STL trip.

Now for Chicago. Went shopping. That's enough. I didn't have to do anymore, but I did. 4 guys hit on me (2 at Express, one at Banana, and one at Structure). Fun times for me (I guess but not really). I had fun spending time with my family. It was just nice being with them, but I wasn't with my friends, that's sad times. But they will be home in like 2 weeks, so I'm okay with that. Hmm... Let's see. Went to Navy Pier, pretty okay place, lots of overpriced stuff, but it was nice. We rode the ferris wheel in 22 degree weather, but the wind chill was about 10 degrees. it was fun. This is where the stuff starts. So Jake calls me, and (yaay fun times for all) he was to go out to lunch with his friends, which was okay, b/c we were at lunch too (Bubba Gump Shrimp and co. not too bad, but not EXCELLENT), and he was to call me after he was finished. Well, Christian felt "sick" and my mom was getting a little tired, so they decided we were going to leave Chicago (a whole lot of hours before we planned, we were going to leave today, sunday). I called Jake, and I had to cancel on him. How sad. I wanted to cry, but of course, I didn't. OKay I didn't want to cry, but still. The trip home went quick, thanks in part to Josh Groban, Dave Koz, Harry Connick Jr., Ella Fitzgerald and Bing Crosby. Now I am home, and it has taken me an hour and 15 minutes to write this blog, because of all the drama I missed out on while I was gone, I was typing, talking, and IMing like a mad fool. haha. Okay. I am leaving now, b/c I have to call Maya. Peacies.

Christyopgwe