This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Thursday, March 06, 2003

WHEW! I AM TIRED AS A MOTHERSUCKER!! You don't even know! OH MY WORD! Whew!

Allright. Here's the Lowdown on the last hour of my life. boy oh boy!
6:01- my dad called me with the information about Western Union. I was at the 1104 Center, so Jewel (where I usually go to get Western Union stuff) was a block away, on Roosevelt. Yaay I thought. I have an hour to get to Jewel, get my stuff, and go to the bookstore so I can buy my film history book. [I haven't bought any books, because they are too expensive, and I have no money. I usually just go to the library, read up on what I need to do, take notes, and that's that. But no. Teacher boy said we should have the book, because the tests (which I have tomorrow) are not easy. So, dad sent money the other day, correct, but there are these things called bills, which I still have to finish paying, and I hate. Boo-hoo. :( ]
6:05 - I get to Jewel, and they were expierencing "technical difficulties". I didn't respect. So, they looked up the next closest location that I could get some dinero. Within a mile, they were all closed. So, Dominick's was open, which was 2 miles away. I figure I'll take the bus, and get there and back by 7.
6:15 - The bus hadn't come. I decide to begin my treck. I was run/walking through the icy snow on the ground (in my Italian leather black Bass shoes may I add). I saw Dominicks. I started hauling ass. I slip, but don't fall. I'm running. So is my nose. My legs and feet were killing me. "this is the end", I thought. "I'm going to die before I get my money". As I passed over the bridge, I imagined how cold the water is, and it made me scared to go near the edge.
6:30 - I got to Dominick's. The girl was talking too much to her friend as wasn't paying enough attention to me. I couldn't have all that now. Shit. I had somewhere to be. I asked politely if she could hurry up. Believe me, I was extra poilte. She said, "sure" and went back to work.
6:38 - I was headed out of Domicks. On the corner I saw the bus leaving the bus stop. "Shit", I said aloud. "Now I'm going to die before I get my book, because I have to run all the way back to the 624 Building. Well whoever finds my dead body will be a rich man." I began my travels back. Over my shoulder, I heard the sound of air breaks. "what's that?!", I was getting excited. "Is that a BUS I hear?" I ran to the next stop, and turned around. I have never seen a more beautiful thing in my life. The charcoal bus with blue and red stripes (it used to be white, but it snowed, and we all know what happens to white vehicles when it snows. They turn grey) pulled over to pick me up from misery. I got on the bus beaming. Everyone on that bus became my best friend. I greeted the whole bus with a wave, and a "hey everyone!". I got strange looks.
6:47 - Get to 13th and Michigan Ave. 7 blocks south of where I need to be. I have to go to the 600 block, and there's no Michigan bus in sight. I knew I could make it by now, but I'd have to walk fast, and my feet were not going to allow that. I was trying my best to walk quickly, and I see another thing of beauty across the street. The North bound Michigan bus. I wasn't going to make it. It was two blocks down, headed my way, and I had to cross the busy street. The wrong light had just turned green, so I was screwed. All of A sudden, I found myself jaywalking across the busy street, with an onslaught of cars zooming in my direction to kill me. I felt like I was in the video game "Frogger". Right as I step onto the curb, the bus comes, and the driver says "you must be a man with a mission, because I don't know many people who would do what you just did". I replied "sir, I have places to be". He said "I feel ya, I feel ya", and chuckled.
6:54 - I'm directly across from the bookstore. I ran to the intersection, and cross the street (correctly this time, the walk signal was flashing). I jetted to the bookstore with 5 minutes to spare before it closed. I grabbed my book (I knew exactly where it was), and went to the cashier, who was highly attractive. He was smiling at me. I smiled back. "$75.04" he said. "That's about $70 bucks too much", I exclamed. He giggled, and said "I know what you mean". I gave him the money, and he gave me my change.
6:59 - I left the bookstore, and walked to the library (which is in the same building), which is where I am now, typing you this account of my trials and tribulations.

The Lord was on my side today. Amen. Thank you Jesus. He knows I need to study. Well, that's what I have to do, but not until later. I have some online time to spend. Well that's all for now. I think I am going to take a nap before I start my studying endeavors. I have plenty of chips, cookies, ice cream, hot chocolate, and coffee to last me through the night. Oh yes, and oven pizza. I don't know how I'm to stay awake tomorrow, but we'll worry about that when it comes.