This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

YAAAY For Oscar Nominations! Okay Here's the list

My Unofficial Predictions:

What I want to win:
Best Picture: The Pianist
Actor: Adrian brody
Actress: Selma Hayek
Supp Actor: Chris Cooper
Supp Actress: Meryl Strep
Director: Almodovar
Foreign Film: The Academy sucks because "The Fast Runner" should be there
Adapted Screenplay: The Hours
Original Screenplay: Y Tu Mama (I have to represent)
Animated: Spirited Away
Art Direction: LOTR or Frida
Cinematography: Chicago
Sound: LOTR
Score: John Williams (I have to represent again)
Song: Paul Simon (he is the man)
Costume: gangs of New York
Documentary: Bowling for Columbine (I haven't seen the others)
Short Documentary: (haven't seen that)
Editing: LOTR
Makeup: Frida
(Skip the next two)
Visual Effects: LOTR

Who Will MOST LIKELY win
1. The Hours
2. Daniel Day-Lewis
3. Nicole Kidman
4. Chris Cooper
5. Meryl Strep
6. Almodovar
7. SKIP
8. About a Boy
9. Todd Haynes
10. Spirited Away
11. Frida
12. The Pianist
13. LOTR
14. LOTR
15. Frida
16. Bono
17. Gangs of NY
18. Not Bowling for Columbine: That would say too much about the Academy
19. SKIP
20. LOTR
21. Frida
22. SKIP
23. SKIP
24. LOTR

These are unofficial. I must pnoder and ponder, and see some movies again before I have my final choice. I must also see where the Buzz is, and just have a time to sit and think.