This is me.

The ramblings. Take them to heart.

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

I didn't go to Math today. I am ghetto. I just needed to sleep. I won't miss anymore classes. I have a paper due friday. This is the prompt:

Pick one movie (1990-present). You can pick one scene and analyze all aspects of mise-en-scene in that scene, or Pick one element of mise-en-scene and follow that element throughout the whole movie. It must be at least 4 pages.

I have no idea what I am going to do. These are my ideas: Mullholland Dr. American History X, Boondock Saints, Traffic, Amelie, The Usual Suspects, and a few others. I am NOT going to do American Beauty, because tons of people are doing that movie. I should do an Indie or foreign film. Y tu Mama? I don't know.

I have a feeling I'm doing well in Asthetics. I know I'm doing well in D&P, history, I think I'm doing okay (depends on what I got on that last quiz) and Math.. please. who cares. All I need is a 'C'. I should do more than that, if I want to transfer.

But wait, i was thinking about transfering today, and Columbia is the ONLY school in the nation with hook-up connections in LA. They have a STUDIO lot. I know I can make it into the program (I outlined my school carreer today.. all my classes and everyhing). then I will be set. After working a few years in LA, I can movie to NY or Vancouver and start my carreer in the independent genere. I'm so excited. My carreer begins NOW, not after I graduate. I need to plan this stuff out. I mean if I go to summer school, then I can finish in 2.5 years instead of 4. Hmmm.. What a thought. I don't know though. My plan is also a 15 hours a semester schedule. If I take more, then I can finish sooner also. I don't know.

I really should get to this paper, and my film history project. Shit. It's due next Friday, and I have TONS of research to do. I'll be pulling all nighters every day this weekend and next week. I am going to try not to go to any parties. I think I might have to cancel on Jake. I mean I really have to do this.